Recently there has been some understandable frustration from capital suppliers who can not withdraw their funds.
Early adopters of any network should be amply rewarded & though the current APY is intended to be attractive enough, as someone who has built products and companies I have seen first hand how important retention is and I think one goal of the DAO should be to continue to incentivize these early adopters to support the network and remedy any frustrations as best as possible.
Thus, I am proposing for those who are currently “stuck” and can’t withdraw their capital that we allocate a certain # of USF tokens (TBD) as a “paid bonus” opportunity for their continued faith in and support of the protocol. @EAsports suggested that this “bonus” would be awarded to anyone who both:
- Currently can not withdraw their ETH and
- Agrees to maintain their capital position for X amount of time after a capital buffer is reached (also thereby helping to ensure the same scenario does not play out again to others)
So the tl;dr of the idea is - If you have been supplying capital, you have the option to agree to keep your capital supplied for X time post buffer & receive significant additional USF incentives.
Would need to find consensus on the following:
- Is this a good idea, and if not, can it be turned into one?
- If yes, what is the incentive reward? (USF? How much?)
- If yes, how long of a lockup would we ask capital suppliers for?
Would love any feedback/ideas surrounding this.