Enable users to adjust claims!

I would like to see the option enabled in the interface for users to be able to adjust their claim after submitted I am not sure why this has not been Implemented yet, in the interface or on a contract level but if it requires a snapshot proposal to pass to then I would like to be the 1st to submit it.

Summary

• please enable users to readjust their claims after submitted to simplify this already complicated process and avoid unnecessary loss of capital

• please do so in a tidy manner as there are time sensitive cases on the line and peoples money and it is unfortunate that this was not already implemented

• if it is not possible to do on a interface level then please tell users how to do it on a contract level thank you

Update: malicious challengers in Kleros court are forcing users to pay them out of the courts by abusing this feature of not being able to adjust claims please see the case below this is further to add how urgent this is to implement. (preying on users fears)

https://court.kleros.io/cases/1201

Update: malicious challengers in Kleros court are forcing users to pay them out of the courts by abusing this feature of not being able to adjust claims please see the case below this is further to add how urgent this is to implement. (preying on users fears)
https://court.kleros.io/cases/1201

I’ve tried to give you the benefit of the doubt in USF’s discord, sliding in my DMs and now here. It’s clear your trolling or have issues with reading comprehension. The payment to the challenger was never part of the ‘adjusted claim’ but specifically because the Claimant submitted a case without the CEX read-only API key and was claiming UST on the exchange and thus, the challenger would have never challenged, if the user had provided the full documentation or followed all the steps during the claims process.

Since the challenger challenged the case, they would be out ETH if they lost the case, which they agreed, based on the evidence, everything looks legitimate and the case should not be challenged and should be ruled by Kleros based on the evidence provided by the Claimant only.

I do agree with your bullet points tho

Summary

• please enable users to readjust their claims after submitted to simplify this already complicated process and avoid unnecessary loss of capital
  • please do so in a tidy manner as there are time sensitive cases on the line and peoples money and it is unfortunate that this was not already implemented
  • if it is not possible to do on a interface level then please tell users how to do it on a contract level thank you

Adjusting claims is needed, because this user contacted me and said they put in the price of $1 in ETH, because they thought he needed to do that… the case was challenged and this user lost their deposit, their UST and their coverage because of this issue.

This user was supposed to claim 1.89 ETH, but put in 0.0006 ETH instead

Regardless, of where you sit on this debate… allowing the end users more choice, in moving up or down their claim is a very pro-consumer feature and this should be another feature that makes USF stead above competitors.